Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First, imagine this quite a bit greener, but that's beside the point. Handwritten lyrics inside from Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah:

Your faith was strong
but you needed proof
you saw her bathing on the roof
her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you

she tied you to a kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
and from your lips she drew a hallelujah

I'd work on it more, but I'm already 2 days past my internal Monday deadline of posting it, and it's time to start a new one. It's kind of a shitty little valentine, but then that is the point, to make one per week, good or bad. Of course, I imagine they'll improve, I haven't hit my stride yet. I took my oldest daughter into Harvard Square on saturday, her birthday and the first day of spring. She wanted to buy some grown up art supplies, so we went to Utrecht and I bought myself a cutting mat. Psyched! I wish I had brought a camera, she was luminous dancing to every street busker who played or sang a song, dancing with wild abandon and making me see a piece of myself I'd forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Valentine Week

An artist making one valentine per week for the Artists' Valentine fundraiser in Groton, MA, raising money for a no strings attached grant for artists. And in the meantime, musing about life, art, music, yoga, & whatnot.